Friday, April 8, 2011

The light at the end of the journey Week 11


This is a new picture of me and a symbol. I thought I was going to try and make something new and very special not only for me, but for the rest of my friends in my digital photography class. We are coming to an end of a journey through Orange County Community College (OCCC) and once it's completed it will be time to move on. The light shines brightly while we're still in class, but it won't last forever and it is telling us that it will be almost time to go through it and start a whole new adventure and life for ourselves. We are coming to the end, the light at the end of the tunnel and once we come out a new light will shine for all of us with no turning back.

This is a dramatic photograph of me in front of my Moms car with the headlights on, it almost looks like a portal to the ghost world or the next step to adulthood. This was taken on 4/8/2011 on my driveway. The light came from the headlights of my car, since it was night so there was no sun, and we don't have many street lights. My camera was set on tripod and my mom snapped the photograph. The mode was set on manual with an aperture of f6.4 and a shutter speed of 1.6. I thought I would express my feelings on how I feel about my graduation from OCCC and begin a new story in my life. I thought by taking this picture, I thought this was using dramatic lighting, but after seeing this, I think it is more  a message, that we are coming to the end of our journey and will not be back again next semester. I'm sorry, this is a tearful moment and I am crying a little bit.

1 comment:

  1. James, this is a fantastic shot and I love how you are experimenting with the light. What a strong, beautiful, meaningful image!

    ReplyDelete