Friday, April 8, 2011

Assistant Scout Master and Eagle Scout James R Harrington Week 11



These are two pictures of me in my class A scouting uniform, I thought I would show both of them, the one from the past and the one in the present to tell you about me and my scout uniform. The first is the picture of me in my old scout uniform, back in the day for when I was an eagle scout in the troop. I wore a blue scarf on my collar, along with a sash around my body. The sash is worn by every scout and scouts put merit badges that they earned on them to show their accomplishments. Therer are also medels on my shirt. The one with the red, white and blue is what is awarded when becoming an eagle scout along with the patch. The other medal is the citizenship medal which i got from the American legion. I don't wear that uniform much anymore because when a scout reaches his 18th year(his 18th birthday) he can't wear the stuff on his uniform like i'm wearing anymore and must wear a new scout uniform. I do wear it when it comes for the time for a court of honor to welcome a new eagle into the troop. this was taken on october 25, 2010 on my driveway. I had my mother take the picture at a vertical angle. The mode was set at manuel with a aperture of f5 and a shutter speed of 125. the lighting came from the flash on my camera and some of the sun. I wanted to show what my old uniform looked like before changing uniforms.

Now the second picture of me in my uniform is the one I wear always. This is called my class A uniform and it's very important piece of scouting. As an Assistant Scoutmaster, i don't have to wear my scarf anymore or my sash, because it's scout rules, but I am required to wear my hat and my Assistant scout master's patch. If i wanted, I could wear a bow-low tie that is made from the scouts, usually scout masters and assistant scout masters can wear these. This uniform is alot different then the red T-shirt that i shot of before, because I wear this uniform to very important events, like a scout course over, that's when scouts go from young clubs to man hood. the memorial day parade, me and my troop wear these when marching in the parade. my scout meetings and other things. This uniform is a symbol of the scouts, because it show's hardship, a gentlemen, and a friend to all the people. This picture was taken on April 8th 2011, and it was taken on my drive. I had set the camera up on a tripod with the timer set at 10 seconds. the lighting came from the sky a little bit. The aperture was set at f6.4 with a shutter speed of 200. This is what I always look like when I'm not in civilian form and wear this to every meeting until the summer, because when we have meetings, we wear our class B T-shirts, but wear them to dinner at summer camp and the Memorial Day parade.

P.S. If you are all wondering how many merit badges are on my sash, I'll tell you. There are 36 merit badges on that sash. That's alot of merit badges to get, usually to become an eagle scout, a scout must have 21 merit, including the 12 white back merit badges. So i went to alot then what i could get and it helped me get eagle palms for these. Eagle palms on things that you can wear on the collar of your shirt. You can get all three, bronze, silver, and gold if you collect alot of merit badges. I also go the world conservation award for doing all the citizen ship merit badges. That's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment