Saturday, April 16, 2011

Fortess of solitude Week 12


This is a picture of me feeling depressed and in our boiler room. Sometimes when I'm feeling angry, sad, or bad about myself I sometimes like to go to a special quiet area to clear my head and be alone. I was feeling very depressed when I took that picture, because I had gotten my letter from suny purchase and they turned me down, so I wasn't accepted into the photography program. So I wanted to be alone and not be bothered by anyone. Sometimes I got to my room to get quiet, but I wanted to try to be somewhere's else, like my dad's boiler room, because he usually goes in there to clear his head and sort out his trouble. I sometimes call our boiler room our fortess of solitude, because nobody else goes in there except me and my dad. This picture was taken on 4/16/11 and in my boiler room. I had the camera set up on the tripod with a timer of 10 seconds. The camera was set on manuel mode and the lighting came from the lights inside the room. The aperture was set at f6.4 with a shutter speed of f2. I just thought I express my emotions for this week's self portrait and clear out my troubles. 

1 comment:

  1. just a heads up again, the aperture is referred to as the F stop.

    ReplyDelete