Friday, March 25, 2011

Mr. Cool Week 9


This is a new picture that shows another bit of my personality. Sometimes i think of myself as a cool dude, with the hat on backwards and a leather jacket on. During my middle school and high school life, I thought of myself trying to look cool by wearing some of the things that the cool kids whore in the movies. I was also showing off and be part of the popular crowd. But as it turned out, that isn't how it worked, and I felt like an idiot trying to do the things that I thought happened in the movies. As it turned some of the kids usually broke some of the school rules, did things that weren't allowed on school grounds, and alot of things that I don't feel comfortable talking about. I didn't want to be part of it and instead of trying to turn into somebody that I'm not, I thought it be best just to be myself and become popular in my own way. I did become a little popular by being on the school honor roll and sometimes high honor roll, becoming an eagle scout, being in the art club as the assistant art designer to miss Eleanor Horst, and having some of my pieces put up on a wall in the school. This was taken on my drive way on 3/25/11. I did this by setting up my tripod with the timer set to 10 seconds. I had my camera set to manual with an aperture of f6.4 and a shutter speed of 400. The lighting came from half the sun and I got the good light from the flash on my camera, on a vertical angle.

3 comments:

  1. yeah fitting in during high school is no doubt hard. at my school the "cool kids" were just fake molds of what they saw on television, and generally had no expression or real feelings. their was also the geeks, squares, hipsters, and everyone else was just wayyyyy into drugs; though i would imagine thats how every school is.
    go your own way and forget about what others think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on that David. Even during my high life trying to be myself after doing that stuff. I still had feelings. I wasn't cold hearted or something like that. Even if people tried to be friends with me. I just didn't like how they presented themselves. Because some of them kept of tapping my shoulder and asking me stupid questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have a great way of looking at things in life, being your own person is always better, nice image

    ReplyDelete