Sunday, March 6, 2011

Jimmy Harrington in Train Engineer uniform. Week 6


This is a picture of me in a train uniform. I wore something similiar to this back in high school. I was in a music contest and I sang the song "The Locomotion" and I also dressed the part. Sometimes I like to wear this suit and show myself off an a driver of a steam or diesel locomotive when I plan to pay with my model trains alone and I pretend I'm actually driving the train. I just love trains. I'm a train lover and collector, and some people think I'm crazy, but I'm crazy for trains and I can't stop it. My grandpa James Patrick Harrington and my father James Francis Harrington loved trains too, so this legacy runs in my blood. I even used a model train that belongs to my dad showing it as a symbol, thus showing how much I love trains. Before I was born, my father and grandfather build model trains and even build the parts they didn't have for the models. This was taken on march 5th 2011 during the night in my kitchen. This was set up on the tripod with a timer on the camera for 10 seconds. I used the light in my kitchen to do this portrait. The camera was set at the manuel mode, with an aperture of f2 and a shutter speed of 4. This reflects part of my personality on one of my hobbies.

2 comments:

  1. This photo actually brought back the memory of when my dad and I had HIS fathers old trains set up in our basement for about four years when I was a lot younger. At the time the trains where about 50 years old and still ran great, we even had a town/towns people that went with the trains; it was pretty fun.
    If your into trains you should look up and listen to the song "the monkey and the engineer"; its defiantly a fun song.
    also, the aperture is the f stop in the camera, not the shutter speed. so in your case the aperture would be f 2 and the shutter would be 4.
    just a friendly reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. James,
    It's fun to learn all these new things about you with each new post. Thank you for sharing your life with us through your blog this semester.

    ReplyDelete