Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dad working on car

This is a photo of my Father James F Harrington working on my 1995 Jeep Cherokee. This photo was taken on October 3rd, 2010. How I took this photo was that he was working on my car to get it running and trying to take his picture at the same time, so I stood on the left side of my car, while my Dad was working on the other side and I ducked down a little to get his upper body and the tool in his hand, working on the car. I had the camera set at the manual mode. The lighting technique was a little difficult, I had the camera set at a different aperture and shutter speed and it turned out way to bright, but then I had the aperture set to f5 and the shutter speed set to 500. After that everything turned out good. I took the photograph at vertical angle while holding the camera. I believe the real meaning of this photograph was his personality and the way he looked at me while I took his picture.

1 comment:

  1. Hi James,
    I like your blog setup. Good job getting started. Please remember that the journal is a series of self-portraits, so they should be of you. Try to post a new image for this past Monday as soon as possible so you get full credit for this week.

    ReplyDelete